Sorting the Tangled Mess of Thoughts

tangled mess
THE THREADS of the tangled mess that was my thoughts have been sorted and combed through, and now lie separate by a window in the light. I see them now in a way I couldn’t before.

Two-and-a-half years it’s taken! Yes, it can take that long. Sometimes longer, just depending. But that’s okay. We are not in a rush, right?

I’m a patient person by nature (except when I spot the perfect parking space). I believe in giving people all the time it takes, all the time they need. We are not in a rush. We are not. But, if you have a choice, be intentional about pursuing stuff. Health, reconciiation, peace. Go after it. It can take a long time, yes, but you don’t want to be found sitting still, waiting for it to fall on you. It probably won’t happen like that. You likely need to be moving in the direction of it, to begin with.

Christie Purifoy writes about being willing to look at the broken things. Most of us would rather be doing something else, but the willingness to look squarely at what’s broken is a key starting point. I’ve done a lot of it in recent years and it’s been worthwhile. Christie’s words resonated with me today. I’m glad she wrote them.

signature
p.s. This is my first post in over a year.

This entry was posted in intentionality. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Sorting the Tangled Mess of Thoughts

1. sarahfarish says:

You shared! You shared! 🙂 🙂

2. So does this mean you’re back? 🙂

3. bethhavey says:

So good to see you. We are doing well and hope you are too. How is Wally? John is still heading to Ohio on a regular basis. Blessings. Beth

• Marilyn says:

I was thinking about John and you just the other day, Beth. I’m glad he’s still making the regular trips to OSU. Wally, too. Just every 3 months. He is actually in remission, something we were told was not possible for CLL patients back when he was first diagnosed. It’s a new world now!

4. pastordt says:

Oh, goody, goody!!! I’ve been missing you so, Marilyn! Glad to read whatever you might put into this space, friend, whenever you choose to put it here.

5. Jacki Tanner says:

So good to hear from you again!!!!

I have missed your voice (and you!) so much and am so excited to hear from you again Marilyn!