Room for a Somersault

In the face of oak and spindles I can lose all sense.

SKINNED MY KNUCKLES this morning
wrestling down the hall
and out to my car
a chair nobody ever sits in,
one that is in my way often,

a chair I’ve kept
because I am sentimentally attached
to the moment I first saw it,
same way most of us hang onto
haircuts.

Or relationships.
Or writing ideas.

* * *

FEELING VICTORIOUS,
having reclaimed for myself
space to do a somersault
or simply b-r-e-a-t-h-e.

Q: Be honest now, what is it you need to part with?

This entry was posted in letting go. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Room for a Somersault

1. bethhavey says:

Marilyn
    Hard to part with things. I need to divest myself of probably 2/3rds of what we own. Soon. Craig’s List?? Our children with a trailer?? That might work.

Beth

Cards. I keep them–just can’t seem to throw away a card on which someone wrote something that took thought. I think I need to find a way to let go! 🙂

3. Charlotte says:

I have lost my Dining Room in a jumble of such ‘stuff’ and I keep telling myself I MUST donate it……but I can’t seem to get there. You’ve inspired me!

4. Annie says:

It will be good when my daughter and family arrive back at the end of the year and claim back all the whole house full of things they left here. Well, I guess I did offer to mind them since I had a huge house. It will be good to get organized and tidy, and able to think straight again.

5. Annie says:

ps On a different note, I love how often you change your header picture Marilyn. It always takes me forever to get the photo re-sized correctly to fit…is there any tip for easy fitting?

6. Annie says:

aha..so that’s the secret. I did mean to check whether you were still with blogger.