What were We Doing Before Cancer Came Knocking?

Picture 7

This new sieve fits my hand better, I think.

The thing about SORTING and SIFTING (referred to in the previous post) is that I’m not the same person I was a year ago.

The person who had to set things aside very suddenly to tend to more serious business is not the same person who is making choices NOW about what to invest time and energy in.

We may look like the same person, but we aren’t. (I’m actually older than she is. And more charming.)  🙂

All of a sudden the person who absolutely always wanted to do such-and-such…..isn’t that interested anymore.

And the person who was oblivious to this-and-that…..places this-and-that at the top of the priority list.

The sieve has changed.

* * *

THE BOOK I was lackadaisical about writing suddenly seems very important to finish, while topics I was once fired-up about I have barely a spark in me to write.

Sometimes things happen that make you look at things differently. I don’t think this is by accident. I think it’s direction.

I’m going to the eye doctor for a check-up today. Whether the doctor will detect any changes in my vision, I don’t know. But I can tell you for sure that I’m seeing things through a different lens now than I did a year ago.

This entry was posted in cancer, discernment, timing. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to What were We Doing Before Cancer Came Knocking?

1. April says:

Great post! Priorities change, view changes, a lot changes. I don’t think all of that is necessarily bad.

2. Marilyn says:

Thanks. I don’t think it’s all bad either.
    I wouldn’t have asked for the wake-up call, but I wouldn’t trade what I’ve learned from it.

3. njlindquist says:

I totally relate, except in my case it was The Word Guild. And recently I’ve been going, “Who am I really?” It’s amazing how many things I’d forgotten about me and my life. Total immersion in something can do that. But yes, you learn a lot too, and you do change in good ways. But it’s also good to remember what you loved before and to pick up some of those threads.

4. Marilyn says:

NJ,
    You can now write a post, “What was I Doing Before The Word Guild came knocking?”

5. Beth says:

Of course you’re more charming! 🙂

Sifting can (tho not always) fun and liberating. I hope it is for you, Marilyn!

6. Emily W says:

I love reading your insights Marilyn. I always consider them words from the wise.