STATUS UPDATE (May 2013): Wally’s participating in the Ibrutinib (PCI) long-term effects study. All counts in normal ranges!
* * *
This blog is not ABOUT cancer, but since the topic pops up in posts from time to time, I thought I’d group them together in one place.
- Jan 2009 Diagnosis Received (where I almost stop blogging)
- Feb 2009 Was God Blinking? (where I claim I won’t be blogging much about the cancer – ha!)
- Mar 2009 The Most Difficult Question to Answer (7 months after diagnosis, still the most difficult question to answer)
- April 2009 Stumbling Towards God (a link to Dana Jennings’ blog at The New York Times)
- May 2009 Recharging My iPod and Me (taking a break)
- May 2009 Do Trying Times ignite Creativity?
- June 2009 Everything That’s Been Put ON HOLD Comes Rushing Back (we get a breather, but I am overwhelmed)
- July 2009 When What’s on FB Gets to be Too Much (putting boundaries around what I listen to)
- Sept 2009 One Way a Year Has Changed Us (we respond differently now)
- Oct 2009 The BEST PART of this past year… (written Oct 2009, one year after diagnosis)
- Oct 2009 The HARDEST PART of this Past Year… (written Oct 2009, one year after diagnosis)
- Nov 2009 More ‘Letting Go’ Practice (Despite my best efforts to avoid illness, I get sick and can’t accompany him to his checkup.)
- Mar 2010 Regaining My Footing
- Mar 2010 Our Doctor (in a commercial)
- Mar/Aug 2010 PELETONIA!
- Dec 2010 Bummed (by news of others’ diagnosis, relapse and passing)
- Aug 2011 After the Triple Header (another season of play makes us feel like we’re winning no matter the score)
- Aug 2011 Diffusing (just a few photos – getting rid of pre-checkup anxiety with some exercise, food, fun)
- Sept 2011 Everything Seems Impossible at First (heading back into another treatment season)
- Jan 2012 Photos: 13 Weeks (familiar scenes from a season of runs to Columbus for the PCI-32765 trial)
- Jan 2012 The Nurses ( how we came to care for those caring for us)
- Sept 2012 High Street Panera
- December 2012 A New Day for CLL
* * *
You might be interested in: